University of Delhi
B.A. Honours (Humanities & Social Sciences)
Bachelor of Arts Honours (Humanities & Social Sciences) is a 3 year undergraduate programme offered by University of Delhi’s Cluster Innovation Centre. This programme is based on Meta College Concept which enables students to design his/her own course by using, the resource pool available at CIC and in various colleges of the University of Delhi, by choosing papers that justifies her/his specialisation in any one of the four streams being offered –
Art & Design, Counselling, Historical Tourism & Journalism.
On completion of the course students will acquired the skills of effective communication, critical thinking, social research methods and social outreach
· Written Test (75% weightage) followed by an Interview (25% weightage) of the short listed students.
· Candidate must be enrolled in any UG PROGRAM in a regular college of University of Delhi Or School of Open Learning (SOL) or Non-Collegiate Women’s Education Board NCWEB) of University of Delhi at the time of admission.
Written Test Pattern:
· Total Questions: 100
· Duration: 2 hours
· Topics: Communication and Language skills, Logic, Reasoning and General Awareness
Each Question carries 4 marks and there is a negative marking of 1 marks for every incorrect answer..
Total Seats: 40
TATA Institute of Social Science
TISS offers 5 Year Integrated PROGRAM in Social Science. This course is further divided into 2 parts :
3. B.A. in Social Sciences (3 years)
4. M.A. (2 years)
After successful completion of B.A. students are given a choice either to proceed with their M.A. without giving any entrance exam or exit with their B.A. degree.
This course is being offered from TISS at following campus:
Guwahati -Total Seats: 30
Hyderabad- Total Seats: 60
Tuljapur – Total Seats: 60
Some Important PROGRAM Features
· It is a three-year undergraduate liberal arts programme which is one of its kinds in India
· This program provides students with an all rounded understanding of education and particularly social sciences education and its 5 key subjects – Sociology, Economics, Political Science, History and Psychology.
· Students are given a choice of specialisations to study and engage with thorough ﬁeld-based internship during the last semester of the three years PROGRAM.
· Candidate should have passed class 12th or intermediate in any stream.
· Candidate who is awaiting class 12th or intermediate results can also apply.
· Candidate should be less than 23 years of age at the time of appearing for the written Test.
There will be a written test followed by an interview(at Tuljapur campus)
Written Test (BAT) Pattern:
· There are two Parts to the TISS Bachelors Admission Test
· There is a sectional cut off of 40% for general candidates and 35% for SC, ST and OBC candidate.
· There is a 20 minute break between the two parts.
Questions are asked on following topics:
· PART A: This part contains questions in MCQ format with questions on Current Affairs, Social Awareness and Logical & Analytical Reasoning.
· PART B: This part has descriptive questions in English. Candidate is expected to write two short answers.