University of Delhi
B.Tech (IT and Mathematical Innovations)
University of Delhi’s cluster innovation centre offers a four year B.Tech (IT and Mathematical Innovations). This program focuses on building strong analytical skills of Mathematics and application skill of Information & Technology (IT).
This program offers 3 specialization streams:-
Electronics & Embedded Systems
Systems Biology – with significant interface with Mathematics and IT.
· Written Test (75% weightage) followed by an Interview (25% weightage) of the short listed students.
· Candidate must be enrolled in any UG PROGRAM in a regular college of University of Delhi Or School of Open Learning (SOL) or Non-Collegiate Women’s Education Board NCWEB) of University of Delhi at the time of admission.
Written Test Pattern:
· Total Questions: 100
· Duration: 2 hours
· Topics: Mathematics, Reasoning, Analytical Ability.
Each Question carries 4 marks and there is a negative marking of 1 marks for every incorrect answer.
Total Seats: 40
Indian Statistical Institute
Indian Statistical Institute has gained the status of an Institution of National Importance.
It offers two courses in Undergraduate level:
1. B. Stat (Hons) – in Kolkata campus
2. B. Math (Hons) – in Bangalore campus
Bachelor of Statistics (Honours)
· This three-year degree program offers comprehensive instruction in the theory, methods and application of Statistics, in addition to several areas of Mathematics and some basic areas of Computer Science.
· On successful completion, the students will be able to pursue higher studies in areas of Statistics and Mathematics, as well as Computer Science, Economics and allied fields, or take up careers as Statisticians in research institutions and scientific laboratories, government departments or industries.
Bachelor of Mathematics (Honours)
· This three-year degree program offers comprehensive instruction in basic Mathematics along with rudimentary courses in Probability, Statistics, Computing and Physics.
· On successful completion, the students will be able to pursue higher studies in the areas of Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematical Physics, etc., or take up a career in applications of Mathematics.
A student should have successfully completed 10+2 years of Higher Secondary Education (or its equivalent) with Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects.
· Written Test followed by an interview
· The written test is waived for candidates who have been selected as INMO AWARDEES to participate in the International Mathematics Olympiad Training Camp (IMOTC) in the current year or in any previous year, based on their performance in the Indian National Mathematics Olympiad (INMO) conducted by the National Board of Higher Mathematics, Department of Atomic Energy, Govt. of India. Such candidates will be directly called for interviews.
Written Test Pattern:
The Paper is held in 2 parts A & B:
· UG-A (Multiple-choice Type): Four marks for each correct answer and there is negative marking of 1 mark for every incorrect answer ;
Total 30 questions
Duration: 2 hours
· UG-B (Short Answer Type): This section has 8 subjective type questions and you need to answer as many questions as you can.
Duration: 2 hour
Topics: Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Calculus
Total Seats: 50 each